27 Jul Bank Capital Analyst, Consultant / Contract Position
Invictus is a data-driven strategic advisory firm that uses disruptive bank analytics to give its clients an unfair competitive advantage in M&A, strategic and capital planning, stress testing and CECL readiness. The company’s M&A advisory services, backed by proprietary data, help banks target acquisitions and pinpoint when a deal makes better sense than organic growth. Invictus is recognized as an industry thought leader in both bank analytics and strategic consulting. Its executives frequently headline major industry conferences and publish articles/white papers in leading publications, including the American Banker, Bank Director, Banking Exchange, Financial Managers Society, Western Banker, the Harvard Law School Corporate Governance Blog and others. The company’s newsletter, Bank Insights, which has been quoted by the Wall Street Journal, has a loyal following among thousands of C-level bank executives, regulators and bank attorneys.
Position Overview & Responsibilities
The Bank Capital Analyst will execute and deliver bank client analytics with a focus on capital adequacy, strategic planning and Mergers & Acquisitions. The individual will participate in a team based environment to successfully work with bank client accounts to determine their needs, develop the appropriate analysis methodology, execute and present the analysis, and work with clients to integrate findings into their strategic planning process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting a minimum. An MBA or graduate degree within the Finance area considered a plus.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience within the Finance area considered a strong plus.
- Knowledge of commercial banking industry, including knowledge of credit and bank specific accounting considered a strong plus.
- Highly analytical with a strong foundation in accounting.
- Strong Excel skills with an intimate knowledge of pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.
- Project management skills including the effective planning and execution of project phases & steps, strong task follow-up discipline and being deadline driven.
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness, and completeness of work product.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including excellent listening skills.
- Interpersonal skills enabling the effective work and interchange with clients, the ability to work with and often manage others with specific project steps, and the ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues and staff to forge a team-oriented results driven environment.
Location & Travel
- The individual will be able to work from home, but be expected to join other analysts for collaboration and 2 – 3 days per quarter.
- The position will require limited day and overnight travel to client locations and Invictus meetings.
Compensation: A contractor position with a monthly based compensation.